Tuesday, October 9, 2012

still here!

photo: Rolling Dog Farm
This is Spinner, who is blind and deaf. She lives on Rolling Dog Farm, a sanctuary for dogs and horses with disabilities.

Hello! I'm still here :). It's been a busy few months!

Part of the reason I have been too busy to update is that over the summer I had a job. I was working with the John Humphrey Centre for Peace and Human Rights, doing research and preparing educational materials about the history of disability rights in Canada. I also helped them apply for a grant, to get funding for some really cool projects. Stay tuned for updates on that!

In other news, I am now in my last year of college... exciting, and a little bit nervewracking. I also broke my ankle a few weeks ago, so my perspective on accessibility has been broadened a little bit since I can't stand or walk at all right now. 

I should be updating more regularly again, so keep checking back!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment